Choosing the right phone system for your business could be a daunting task. You’d need to consider your budget, the nature of your business, your preferences, amongst other factors. The wide range of options available makes it more difficult to make a choice. At Streem Link Communications, we have an impressive track record of managing seamless business phone installation in Vancouver. Our expert technicians are always on hand to provide the necessary information so you can make an informed decision. And after you decide, you can trust with the installation, maintenance, and all other needs.
What are the different types of business phone systems?
There are about three broad types of business phone systems, each with their unique pros and cons. They are:
- Virtual phone systems
What are the advantages and disadvantages of the different systems?
Virtual phone system
A virtual phone system is more of an advanced call forwarding solution. All calls to the business line would be connected to the mobile or home numbers of the business owner or employee. To facilitate effectiveness, a virtual phone system should have features like call screening, automated receptionists, online faxing, etc.
- Ideal for businesses without a designated office
Remote workers can have access to various business phone system features that cannot be incorporated on mobile or home phones
- Users would receive a double charge- the virtual system and home or mobile minutes
- Technical issues often arise with call forwarding and callers may not be pleased with the automated receptionists
VoIP phone systems leverage internet connection to transmit voice as data. Think of it as a Skype voice call that has been tailored to suit large and small businesses alike. The advanced technology behind VoIP systems makes it possible to incorporate features like answering services, call queues, computer integration, etc.
- A VoIP system is much cheaper than a traditional landline
- Remote workers can also have access to the business phone
- It comes with virtually all the advanced features a business owner could want in a phone system
- Because it leverages your internet connection, this system isn’t ideal for areas with spotty internet
Traditional landlines rely on copper wires and connections provided by a local phone company. If you opt for landline service, you can integrate features such as call directories and call transferring in your business phone system.
- They are uber-reliable, and they have stood the test of time
- Hybrid landline and VoIP systems can be created to maximize the pros of both systems
- Useful for areas with unstable internet connections
- Landlines are being gradually phased out due to the extensive hardware requirement
- Not suitable for businesses that rely on remote workers
- Maintenance could be cost-intensive
What is the best phone system for a small business?
While you’ll need to consider certain factors before arriving at a decision, VoIP systems seem to be the perfect choice for most small businesses. A VoIP system is cost-effective and offers excellent integration services. They are also easy to set up and manage, and there is a great deal of flexibility when it comes to hosting the service.
Streem Link specializes in providing all kinds of business phone installation in Vancouver and its environs. We take pride in offering our esteemed customers the most affordable phone installation and maintenance services. Get in touch with us today, and you’ll be glad you did.Business Phone Installation Vancouver
View Larger Map